Second Child is hiring a motivated, organized, positive, and skilled Assistant Editor to support our team of editors, animators, and audio engineers.
We are looking for someone who is smart, creative, detail-oriented, a self starter, and flexible; possesses the ability to prioritize requests and manage multiple projects across various deadlines; a gift for systems and finding the most efficient solutions to problems; and a desire to craft moving images with the latest technology and techniques. Above all, they must have a positive, collaborative personality and a never-say-die attitude.
- Ingest, transcode, sound-sync, and/or organize dailies and other assets at the start of edit jobs
- Verify footage against script supervisor notes
- Gather, organize, and check all non-footage assets for accuracy and functionality
- Facilitate communication and management of specs, footage, assets, drives, and postings between production, edit, and post-production partners
- When directed to do so by editors and producers, assemble footage or create rough cuts in advance of an editor making a fine cut
- Create alternate versions, lifts, or variations as directed by an editor or producer
- Troubleshoot technical problems and liaise with IT to manage all hardware and software
- Create, distribute, and revise client postings on behalf of editors/animators
- Assist editors and animators in preparing materials for internal and external finishing sessions
- Attend, track, and troubleshoot internal and external finishing sessions, including color grading, visual FX, Flame/conform, and audio record and mix.
- Receive, execute, and track Web posting, file, and other requests from clients under the supervision of Post Producers
- Track, QC, and confirm delivery of all final deliverables in collaboration with Post Producers
- Take an active role in developing new procedures and systems to improve response times, accuracy, and reliability for clients across all post production projects
- As needed, cover late night and weekend work assignments
- Help maintain edit and animation suites for optimal editing workflow and client service
- Occasionally assist on small shoots which may include camera operation, basic lighting, and audio recording
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a post production environment is required
- Experience working in a commercial post production studio or the production department of a creative agency is preferred
- A degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or other moving image-related fields preferred.
- A creative mind and well-developed taste in film, music, and other popular culture is required
- Extensive experience with and nuanced understanding of NLEs and other post-production software is required, specifically the Adobe suite: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop,
- Illustrator, Audition, Media Encoder, and associated plugins. (AVID, ProTools, Cinema 4D and all others are a plus)
- Knowledge in sound design and mixing is a plus.
We’re looking for the best makers and thinkers